VidCom Communications Ltd., with head office in Vancouver, BC is involved in selling Audio Visual, Broadcast & Professional Video equipment for over 30 years.
VidCom is now expanding its business by selling & servicing new video technologies such as IPTV, Digital Signage, Audio Visual Products and Services. The market verticals for these products are Corporate, Hospitality, Healthcare, Transport, Education, Government and Stadiums.
Administrative Assistant and Shipping & Receiving
VidCom Communications Ltd., a company involved in selling Audio Visual, Professional Video and Broadcast Equipment, is looking to hire an Administrative Assistant / Shipper & Receiver based out of our offices in Burnaby, BC, Canada. This is a full time permanent position, requires approximately 40 hours of work a week and starts immediately. This full time position is based out of our office in Burnaby and cannot be done remotely. Candidate should be a Citizen or Permanent Resident and legally allowed to work in Canada.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer multi-line telephone system, check voice mail and take messages.
- Greet customers, vendors and other visitors to the office.
- Maintain customer and vendor contact list.
- Prepare sales orders & purchase orders. Review vendor and manufacturer contracts.
- Liaise with vendors, confirm order acknowledgements and get ETA on deliveries.
- Manage shipping and receiving, liaise with shipping & courier companies, receive, send and track shipments.
- Capable of lifting and shelving small to medium heavy boxes.
- Maintain electronic and paper filing systems diligently.
- Process credit and debit card payments, prepare receipts. File receipts safely.
- Prepare product packing slips, rental & loan contracts/documents.
- Liaise with accounting, manage and update due dates for account receivables & payables.
- Receive cheques and prepare cheque deposit book.
- Assist in the planning & coordinating of meetings, conferences and trade shows.
- Manage/Update VidCom’s Social Media Profile on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc.
- Honest, Punctual, Ethical and Conscientious.
- At least 3-4 years of prior experience in an administrative role.
- Client centric, provide top quality client service.
- Fluent with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and good computer skills.
- Good understanding of administrative duties and best practices.
- High standard of integrity and commitment to exceptional service.
- Strong verbal and written English language skills required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Capable and willing to learn new software applications and new best practices.
- Self-motivated with high performance standards.
- Strong team player with ‘can-do’ attitude, able to meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail, sense of urgency and able to multi-task.
We offer the opportunity to forge an exciting and satisfying career path which is supported by a competitive salary & benefit package.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
No telephone calls please
Downloadable PDF of this listing: Job Posting
*If you like more information on the requirements of these positions please download the PDF’s
Note: If you have a pop-up blocker, make sure it allows you to open the PDF documents by disabling or allowing pop-ups on the page.