Panasonic P2 HD Camera :: AG-HPX600 Solid-State Camcorder
Future-Proof Options Include AVC-ULTRA Recording
The AG-HPX600 P2 HD shoulder mount camcorder offers 10-bit, 4:2:2 AVC-Intra recording, low power consumption of only 18 watts and future-proof options, including AVC-ULTRA recording. The world’s first 2/3” shoulder camcorder under 7 lbs (approximately 6.2 lb2), the HPX600 is equipped with a newly-developed 2/3 type MOS sensor and records in AVC-Intra100/50, DVCPRO HD, DVCPRO50, DVCPRO, and DV.
The HPX600 provides innovative features and efficient workflows, with options such as wireless metadata input, proxy recording, variable frame rates; and future options including AVC-ULTRA and microP2 card upgradability in 20133. AVC-ULTRA will offer master-quality and/or low-bit-rate 10-bit, 4:2:2 recording in Full HD to meet variety of user needs from mastering to transmission.
The HPX600 also features wireless and wired connection ability with Wi-Fi, USB and Gigabit Ethernet. In addition, an option will support LiveU for video uplink with real time indication of LiveU’s transmission status and video transmission quality to the camera operator. The HPX600 will allow the user to upgrade his camera as new functionality becomes available2.
The interchangeable lens camcorder is equipped with Chromatic Aberration Compensation (CAC) to maximize lens performance, Dynamic Range Stretch (DRS) function to help compensate for wide variations in lighting, and a highly accurate Flash Band detection and compensation algorithm that minimizes this effect. A smart user interface permits accessibility to the camera’s extensive functions from an LCD display on the camera’s side. The HPX600 will offer two P2 Card Slots and an SD Card Slot.
Other features include:
• Digital Zoom function for 2x and 4x close-ups
• Scan Reverse function for use with a cinema lens adaptor.
• Digital Zoom function for 2x and 4x close-ups.
• Variable Shutter Speed from 1/12 to 1/2000 sec plus Synchro Scan function.
• Four-position (CLEAR, 1/4 ND, 1/16 ND, 1/64 ND) optical neutral density filter wheel.
• Variable Frame Rate Shooting and 24PsF Output
• GENLOCK IN: For synchronized recording with a multi-camera system.
• Digital image settings: H Detail, V Detail, Detail Coring, Skin Tone
• TC IN/OUT: A built-in SMPTE time code generator/reader. IN/OUT selectable by menu settings.
• Four-position (CLEAR, 1/4 ND, 1/16 ND, 1/64 ND) optical neutral density filter wheel
• Focus Assist button to expand the center section of the viewfinder screen for easier focusing
• Auto White Balance with an auto tracking white function
• 48kHz/16-bit 4-channel digital audio
• 5-year limited warranty program (1 year + 4 additional years with online registration)
• Optional AG-YDX600G High-Resolution Proxy Video Encoder Board
• Optional AG-SFU601G Upgrade Software Key enables the use of a wireless or wired (Ethernet) LAN. Requires optional AJ-WM30 WiFi module.
• Optional AG-SFU602G production package upgrade software for Variable Frame Rate Shooting and 24PsF Output.
• Optional AG-YA600G HD/SD-SDI input board for line recording
• Optional AG-CVF10G 3.45” HD color LCD viewfinder
1 AG-HPX600 will not support all AVC-ULTRA formats.
2 Excluding battery and accessories.
3 Both the AVC-Ultra and microP2 options are planned for 2013 and will be chargeable upgrades.